Tuesday, February 3, 2009

The Funny Car...a quick overview




This is one of my current projects.....when I say current, what I really mean is......"I been working on this for 5 or 6 years and I hope to finish it before I freakin die!!!!!...In all honesty though, it hasn't taken 6 years to build it, because I tend to work on many different projects at the same time, one of them is usually on the workbench, so they all tend come along, although a little slow sometimes.






This model was scaled up from the 1/16 scale Revell kit "Jungle Jim". This was one of my favorite kits as a kid. There was a couple of reasons I picked this particular model to build. First off, I had a couple of kits already laying around, second, I honestly believe had I attempted something along the lines of say.. a 69' Camaro...I believe I would have failed!!! The Vega body is not as "swoopy" as a Camaro, and I was able to build the sides of the body flat, and then connect everything else from there. I also had a theory that if I built the chassis first, and I wasn't able to build the body, I would at the very least end up with a very cool Altered.






This thing is big man......1/3 scale, 6' long, 2 1/2' tall when its altogether. It lives in my living room and is constantly wanting some bench time! Most of the big, fun stuff is already done. There is a lot of minor problems to deal with at this point, so I can literally spend a week working on small problem areas with not much to show for it, but slowly and surely, it's coming along. I also should add that I had some problems with scale related issues with the Revell kit, but I'll leave that till I get into some of the construction aspects of this car....

2 comments:

  1. Omg. So beautiful. You are crazy talented!!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Omg. So beautiful. You are crazy talented!!!! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete