Sunday, March 1, 2009

"Blower Belt"


I had been wondering how I was gonna make the Blower Belt since the beginning of this project. If I could've just bought one of these I would've......pretty slim chance of that......


I started by forming a piece of PVC around the pulleys using a heat gun to bend it to shape. This is much easier said than done.....The seam was connected using a piece of scrap PVC, which would later be ground off. With the Belt in place, I started adding the wooden blocks. Because the tolerances of the slots in the pulleys weren't exact, each one was fit individually....(this was a pain in the ass)........Once these were done, I was able to slide it off the pulleys and add the rest of the blocks. It was then sprayed with a few coats of liquid rubber, it turned out great......


Taking the Belt on and off is a challenge....the slots have to be lined up perfectly like a keyway.........it's an exact fit......

1 comment:

  1. You are a wood working GENIOUS!!!! I am working on 68'426 hemi, 1/3 scale in balsa, what a pain! After seeing yours ,mines going back on the shelf. Rob mesa az

    ReplyDelete